Wednesday 17 October 2012

Seaweed!

So I'm still getting to grips with this so I thought I'd do a second post on some seaweed products I recently bought from The Body Shop and am really happy with!

Tada!
I was using some of their tea tree products before these (the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner and the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash). Those were really good and did make a small difference but I didn't think they were really what I needed for my skin type (combination). I went onto The Body Shop website and used their online skin diagnostic tool and it recommended trying the seaweed range. I thought there's no harm in giving them a go and they really are great!
Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash
I use this every evening before bed. In my opinion I do feel that my face looks less shiny after I've used it. This isn't too useful before bed because obviously no one will see me when I'm asleep however it does also remove any make up my make up wipes may have missed and smells lovely! Not to mention my face feels nice and fresh before bed.
Seaweed Clarifying Toner
 I use this in the mornings before I put my make up on. I just pour some onto a cotton pad and wipe it around my face and neck. As it says on the bottle it is really refreshing, especially when you feel groggy in the morning. It does clear my skin quite effectively and makes me feel nice and fresh. I usually wear foundation  to mattify my skin rather than to cover up spots as I have a fairly good complexion, but I haven't really felt the need to use foundation so much since using these products!
Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask
I aim to use this once a week. The tub says that you can use it up to twice a week however I was told in the shop by a worker that this can sometimes make your face more oily due to an excess of chemicals. The clay mask is a greyish colour and has quite a thick consistency. When you put it on your face it does harden so I have to confine myself to my room and not talk to anyone for 10 minutes or so. When I wash it off, my skin does feel a lot nicer. It feels fresh and clean and it does look less shiny.

I really like these products and recommend them to anyone with oily/combination skin. They work really well for me however take what I've said with a pinch of salt because obviously it will vary from person to person. I love The Body Shop in general. All of their products seem to be of a high quality and they believe in some really good causes. I've ordered some Coconut Body Butter from there today and I'm really excited to use it!
I'll let you know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!